1. Reset my password:
- You can reset your own UP.jobs password from our home page by clicking on "Careers Sign Up/Login" and then clicking "Forgot Password". Enter the e-mail address currently associated to your account and click “Send Recovery Email”
- Look for an e-mail from UP JOBS with a link to reset your password. Check your spam or junk folder if you do not receive the e-mail within 10 minutes. The reset link expires after 24 hours. If the link expires, request a new reset link following the same instructions.
2. Update my e-mail address:
- If you have access to the e-mail address currently associated to your UP.jobs account:
1. Log in and navigate to "My Account".
2. Click on the pencil icon for the "Contact Information" section.
3. Click the edit button for your e-mail.
4. Enter the new e-mail address you would like associated to your UP.jobs account.
- If you no longer have access to the e-mail address currently associated to your UP.jobs account and you do not remember the password and were unable to use the Recovery Questions, please contact our Human Resource department for additional assistance.
3. Cannot remember which e-mail was used:
- If you have previously applied with Union Pacific, you have an account on UP.jobs. Search for your previous account using our "forgot e-mail" functionality. If after various searches you cannot locate your account, please contact our Human Resource department for additional assistance.
4. Internal only postings:
- Employees must validate their UP.jobs account to see internal-only postings. To validate your account, first ensure no one other employee is logged into the internet on the device you are using. Close all internet browser windows and start with a new session. Go to UP.jobs and log in with your credentials. Navigate to "My Account" and click on the button “I am a current employee.” Enter in your TCS user ID and password.
5. Cannot enter the correct military or license on application:
Military History, Licenses & Certifications
- The Military and licence sections are type ahead tables, meaning you must start typing your MOS position title and then select from the options that appear in the drop down. Not every title will be listed. If no options appear, enter your information in the Qualifications section of your application. Only list licenses and certifications relevant and applicable to the position.
6. Uploading documents to my application:
For submitted applications
- If you have already submitted your application, additional documentation cannot be uploaded. Once an application is submitted, it cannot be changed or updated. Applications will not be reset under any circumstance for external applicants or internal employees. No exceptions will be made. When you submitted your application, you confirmed that the application was submitted as complete to the best of your knowledge and could not be changed once submitted. If invited to an interview, you can tell the hiring team member of any changes at that time, or ensure that any changes are updated on future applications.
Applications not yet submitted
- Supporting documentation such as a resume, cover letter, work sample, etc. can be uploaded to your application. In the "Document Upload" section, upload the file. Documents must be in PDF format, in portrait orientation, and no larger than 10 MB. Documents should be reviewed after upload before proceeding to the next part of your application.
7. Driver's license number cauing errors:
- Our system has logic in place to determine the correct driver's license format for each state. Check your license carefully to ensure the format you entered is correct. Common mistakes include entering a letter when it should be a number, such as entering the letter O when it should be the number 0. If you continue to experience issues, please contact our Human Resources department for additional assistance.