What will you build?View Jobs
- Notify Me is a feature on UP.jobs allowing employees and candidates to select an area of interest, such as a job category, department or location, and any new jobs posted within the interest area will cause an email to be sent advising them of the job posting.
Signing up for Notify Me:
1. Log in to your UP.jobs account.
2. Click on "Search Jobs"
3. Either click on a job posting, or use the search features to narrow down to your interests.
4. Click "Notify Me".
SMS text messaging:
- SMS text messaging is a feature you may opt in to in order to receive notifications.Standard messaging rates may apply.
1. Go to "My Account" on UP.jobs and add the phone number to which you would like to receive notifications.
2. Select the "Content Type" to "SMS(Text)".
3. Check the box saying "Send me SMS messages to this number"
4. From your phone, text the word "Start" to 875627 to receive a confirmation code.
5. Enter the code that has been texted to you in the confirmation box and click "Confirm".
From what number will these text messages originate?
- All confirmation text messages and subsequent alerts will come from 875627 (UPJOBS).
How do I deactivate the text messaging service?
- Text "STOP" to 875627 (UPJOBS) on your cell phone, or you can return to the My Account page and turn off the preference for SMS for that mobile device number. By choosing this preference, your phone will no longer receive any text messages from Union Pacific Jobs.
How secure is your text messaging service?
- Our text messaging service is secure. You can activate the service only after logging into your personal account at UP.jobs and verifying your phone number. Text messages will never contain confidential information about you or your accounts.
New mobile phone number:
- If the phone number you previously registered has changed, you will need to update your phone number in your "Account Settings" as well as register the new number.
Will I be charged for text message notifications?
- Union Pacific does not charge for notifications, but standard carrier fees for text messaging may apply. Please check with your mobile phone carrier if you are unsure what fees apply when you send and receive text messages.
- Yes it will, as long as you have text messaging enabled with your mobile carrier and use a carrier that the service supports. Please check with your mobile carrier if you are unsure. Our text messages are plain text and can be received by any phone.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a Union Pacific employee and are having SMS alerts sent to your company owned telephone, you will NOT be able to receive job notifications from UP.jobs. We recommend electing to receive new updates via e-mail to insure you are notified when a job you are interested in is available.
Job and event notification management:
- To manage your alerts, simply go to "My Account" and click "My Notifications" page and update your existing notifications.