UP.Jobs Quick Reference Guide
1) Do I need an account to view jobs?
2) If I want to apply for a job, do I need an account?
3) How do I Sign Up for a UP.jobs account?
- If you have applied for any position with us in the past or are a current employee, you will have an account with us. Log in from the home page with your user ID and password.
- I can't remember my login ID or password.
No worries! Use our "forgot" options from the home page (located in the top black header) to either look up your login ID or recover your password.
- If you have never applied with us before, you will need to sign up for a new account. From the home page, click on the "Sign Up" button (located in the top black header). You will be required to enter in your email address to begin the validation process. You will receive an email from UP.jobs to the address provided, where you will need to click the link to validate your email address.
4) What if I don't have an email address?
5) Can I create multiple accounts?
6) I forgot my login credentials; what do I do?
Forgot Login ID: From the UP.jobs homepage, in the black header, click on the "forgot?" link in the "Email" field. Follow the instructions on the page to locate your login ID. You will be required to enter in two pieces of information used when you created your account.
Forgot Password: From the UP.jobs homepage, in the black header, click on the "forgot?" link in the "Password" field. You will be required to enter in your email address associated to your UP.jobs account. You will then receive an email with a link to reset your password.
7) I'm now logged into my account; where do I go?
- My Applications is a break-down of you application history in three simple categories:
- Submitted Application - (Active) - these are applications you submitted for position consideration
- Applications in Process and Not Submitted - these are applications you have started, but have not yet submitted
- Applications Submitted - No Longer Being Considered (Inactive) - these are applications you either started and/or submitted, but they are no longer in consideration (either the job posting closed, the position has been filled, the job cancelled, etc).
- My Account stores all your personal information, contact information, race and ethnicity selections, as well as any skills you have listed in your applications. This information can be updated at your convenience - just click on the pencil icon in each section to edit.
In the "Contact Information" section, you can update your phone number to receive text messages. Reference question 8 for additional details.
Here is where you can also change your password and edit your "My Notifications" status.
- Sign Out logs you out of your UP.jobs account.
8) How does "My Notifications" work?
When viewing a job, you are able to click "Notify Me" at the bottom of the posting - the "Notify Me" auto checkmarks the boxes next to each criteria based on the job you clicked "Notify Me" on.
You can unselect any options to only receive notifications on what you are looking for specifically. If you only want to know about IT jobs, we'll tell you about IT jobs. If you want to know when we have positions open in Dallas, you can set up your profile that way, too. The possibilities are endless!
Please note - Notify Me works by including jobs based on the keywords you selected. If you have multiple keywords or locations in your search, you will not generate a match unless a job has ALL of the criteria you requested. We suggest creating separate Notify Me alerts for all job types and locations that you are interested in.
9) How do I get set up for SMS (text) message updates on my account?
You will then be asked to send a confirmation code to your device to get it ready for SMS (Text) messages. After entering in the verification code, you're good to go.
For reference here are text messages that can be sent to (UPJOBS/875627) and responses that will be sent back:
|Text Message||Response Expected||Notes|
|Start||Your number is confirmed!Reply with HELP for more info,Reply STOP to cancel|
|Help||UP Jobs Info: We will text you updates on job openings,events and application status.More details at https://up.jobs/FAQ/SMSHelp.html.Message rates may apply.|
|Stop||UP Jobs Info: We've stopped any additional SMS messages from coming to you. Visit https://up.jobs/FAQ/SMSHelp.html for help. Note: Same functionality for Cancel,End,Quit,Stop All,Unsubscribe||Same functionality for Cancel,End,Quit,Stop All,Unsubscribe|
|Unrecognised Text||Sorry,we didn't recognize that! Please check what you sent to us,and try again. Or text STOP to stop incoming messages, Or HELP for more details|
If you have issues getting SMS messages, please confirm that you properly selected and saved preferences to be able to receive texts. At any time, you can text "HELP" to be provided with this link for further details:SMSHelp
10) Can I apply on all browsers and mobile?
11) If you need to update your address, phone number or email on your UP.jobs profile, it's real easy to do!
2.) Hover over your name and click on "My Account"
3.) Click the pencil icon next to "Personal or Contact Information"
12) What formats can I upload resumes or documents to Union Pacific?
13) Are there other ways to search for jobs other than using "Search Jobs"?
You may use as many or as few of these options as desired to pinpoint your perfect job.
14) I've found a job I like - now what?
15) How does the Job Cart work?
16) How does the Career Matcher tool work?
We'll present you with a series of questions that you need to answer. As we find out more about you, our suggestions for what careers or departments you should explore start showing up on the right. If we have an open position that fits your criteria, you can apply today! If there's nothing open right now, you can still sign up for Notify Me and we'll alert you when your dream job is available.
17) How does the Military Matcher work?
We'll help you figure out how the skills you learned in the military translate into a successful career at Union Pacific. Just click on the Military Skills Translator and answer the questions. We'll give you our suggestions on what careers might be the best fit for you - and you can apply or sign up for Notify Me if that dream job isn't open right now.
18) I've applied - now what?
Usually, it takes about 60-90 days from the day you submit your application until the day you receive your potential offer from Union Pacific. We try to speed things up as much as possible, so be patient with us. We'll update your status as soon as there's a change.
19) Where can I learn more about Recruiting Events?
20) I'm a college student - do you have anything for me?
If you're a student at a school we don't recruit at, don't worry - you can still apply for any positions we have open, too!