What will you build?View Jobs
Candidate Referral Help
Referrals are character referrals. Referrals are active for one year and automatically apply to all applications submitted. If you want to solicit an employee referral, just provide the Union Pacific employee’s first and last name and their Union Pacific email address when filling out your online application.
1. How can I request an employee referral?
- Candidates may request a referral throught the application process. Additionally, the confirmation email sent when an application is submitted also has a referral link that the candidate can forward out.
2. How do I submit an employee referral?
- Access the employee website at www.up.com, click on Employees and then click on Employees Site. Search for “Union Pacific Employee Referral” in the search bar and then open the referral form or visit the referral form.
3. Can I inactivate a referral I have submitted?
- Active referrals can be inactivated by searching for the term “referral” from the U P employee website. Go to www.up.com, click on Employees and then Employees Site. In the search bar, enter keyword “referral” to search. When the results appear, click on “Union Pacific Employee Referral” program. From there, click on “Referral Form” from the left menu. Once you have the referral form open, from the top menu, click on “Recruiting Tools” and then on “Manage My Referrals.” Follow the instructions on how to inactivate a referral.
4. If I am an Union Pacific employee on leave, can I submit a referral?
- Employees on a leave of absence, or leave with pay, or in an off work status, may submit a referral in the system. The system requires an active TCS user ID and password. If your TCS user ID was deactivated when you went on leave, you can obtain a temporary TCS user ID and password by working with OSS.
5. Can I see the status of the candidate I referred?
- Details on the status of a candidate's applications cannot be provided due to privacy policies.