I build the future.
What will you build?View Jobs
What Will You Do?
- You'll help train and engine crews by safely transporting them around Union Pacific yards and facilities.
- Perform clerical duties as needed, such as: ordering and distributing supplies to train and engine crews; supplying and loading printer paper and ink; posting bulletins and notices; and completing and distributing reports.
- Assist in the upkeep of vehicles and buildings by cleaning as needed.
What Will You Learn?
As a Utility Clerk, your first job is to learn how to be safe around a rail facility. Safety is the first priority of Union Pacific, and even if you aren't operating heavy machinery, you'll need to learn how to work around them. When you have the basics down, you'll learn how your rail facility works, and how you will be supporting the operations team.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have a valid driver's license.
As a newly hired Utility Clerk, you can expect to earn about $170 a day, with actual pay depending on location and Union-negotiated agreements.
Department-specific training will be provided as necessary.
Potential Career Path: