I build the future.
What will you build?View Jobs
Located in Omaha, Nebraska, Crew Dispatchers schedule and call conductors and engineers to work, in accordance with labor agreements, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. As a member of this team, you will work with a variety of Union Pacific operating customers to resolve problems, which may involve gathering information, diagnosing customer needs and conducting research to find solutions.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is a must, with some college experience preferred.
- You must possess a high level of professionalism, strong problem-solving and research skills, and excellent computer skills.
- The job requires working a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- You must pass a Skilled-Craft Battery exam (see sample) to be considered for an interview.
- Bailey Yard (North Platte, NE)
- Hinkle Locomotive Facility (Hinkle, OR)
- Davis Yard (Roseville, CA)
- Jenks Shop (North Little Rock, AR)
As a newly hired Crew Dispatcher, you can expect to earn around $161.57 per day, with an increase of 5 percent per year for the next three years. Actual pay depends on Union-negotiated agreements.
Candidates will go through a 6- to 8-week paid training period in Omaha, Nebraska.