Practice Questions for Pre-Employment Tests
- For Agreement clerical positions in CMS, Finance, Mechanical, NCSC, Supply, and other departments
- For entry-level and mid-level NonAgreement positions in the IT Department, PS Technology and Operating Systems Departments.
- Flash Player is required to view the document. You can download the program for free here. This document opens in a protected view. To view its contents, please click on "Enable All Features" and/or trust the host site. If you are still having issues viewing the document, please try opening this version.
- For Management and Supervisory positions in the Operating department
Skilled Craft Test Battery
The purpose of the Skilled Craft Battery Test is to determine your knowledge and familiarity with common scenarios you will encounter for the job you are applying for. This is a combination of reasoning, problem solving and technical knowledge.
Your answers to the questions in this test should be based only on the passages provided. You should not rely on your knowledge of railroading when answering these questions. Be sure to choose the single best answer for each question.
Please click on the job title you are applying for to see the practice questions.
- Apprentice Diesel Electrician
- Apprentice Diesel Mechanic
- Apprentice Freight Car Repairer
- Apprentice Work Equipment Mechanic
- Assistant Signalman
- Coach Cleaner
- Diesel Electrician
- Diesel Mechanic
- Electronic Technician
- Freight Car Repairer
- Installation Technician
- Mechanical Service Operator (Car)
- Mechanical Service Operator (Locomotive)
- Shop Technician
- Signal Maintainer
- Work Equipment Mechanic
- For Agreement Track Laborer and Bridge & Building positions in the Engineering and regional Transportation departments
- For Agreement Train Service positions in the Transportation department